Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Back from San Diego

We are back!!! What an emotional weekend... we left early Saturday (6am) and drove for NINE AND A HALF hours!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH- talk about loooooong trip!!! Jacob was amazing though, he did not once whine or get restless!!! I just think that's amazing for a 2 year old- esp since I was beyond restless! LOL!

So we got there and visited Matt's uncle's wife and children, it was hard... they all had this glazed look and most of the women's eyes were swollen. But they were all so friendly and acted like it was more of a family reunion.

Then that night- Jacob and my niece Kayla were jumping on the hotel bed- well I specifically told everyone I did NOT want Jacob jumping on the bed and got him off... well a few minutes later when I turned my back they had LET him jump on the bed! And Kayla's tooth came down on Jacob's nostril and sliced it!!!!! There was so much blood... and everyone was in panic mode... I just went in and comforted Jacob and stopped the bleeding... we then had to take him to the ER- and thankfully he was able to get it bonded (kinda like superglue) instead of stitches- poor little guy though!!! :( He is such a strong boy though, he must have cried for less than half a minute when it happened and not until we had to pin him down for the ER doc to bond it... I can only imagine the pain and discomfort he had to deal with!

This pic I took today- FOUR days after it happened- it is healing so well thank God!! I did not want to post a pic of it when it just happened, it was so awful...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow 9 hours not bad...it takes me at least 12 to get to the bay area.

I hope your son gets better fast.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home