Monday, March 20, 2006

I'm alive!

Well I'm back from Utah and before I talk about how much fun I had on my trip, I gotta let out a sigh...I'M HAPPY TO BE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

Well...it all started with the storm on Sunday...it was snowing and my flight got a little delayed...well about 15 minutes in the air- something happened! They hit some HORRIBLE HORRIBLE turbulence- it was more than turbulence- I don't know how to describe it!

Suddenly the plane started dipping and shaking uncontrollably- some of the overhead bins popped open and people walking in the aisles where thrown around. Kids started crying, and a teenager yelled "we're going to die!" in a sarcastic tone, but there was nothing funny about it. All the passengers where in panic mode...the captain spoke on the intercom and let us know everything was undercontrol, while I detected a nervous tone in his voice!

All the flight attendants sat in their seat with their seat belts on and I could see the worry in their face.

And here I am, I've always been so carefree about flying, never a worry in my head. And all I could think of is my two boys and Matt...would I ever see them again??? Is this all a dream? I have never prayed so hard- I repeated the same prayer over and over again---Please God help us...Please God help us...

I still look back at the experience and it seems like a movie- me in the back of the plane in my window seat just closing my eyes trying to tune out all the crying of kids and air of panic...

This "turbulence" went on for about 15 minutes- it seemed more like hours though. When it was over, we all still were not sure---we wanted to be relieved but were almost expecting it return...

When the flight landed, there was clapping, cheering and everyone started hugging anyone near them, I've never seen anything like it! I rushed out to baggage claim and the second I saw my 3 boys, I started to cry- I had remained so calm and collected during this whole ordeal, but I lost it right there and then. I look in my husbands eyes and just felt so blessed, I was SO HAPPY to be in his arms! He was very confused but just held me as I sobbed in his arms...it was a few minutes when I turned and saw the boys- and I just held each of them and thanked God for that second chance to be here with them.

I've never had a near death experience, and I'm not sure if this classifies, but what happened that Sunday afternoon on flight 352 has changed me. And I look at my boys and know that everyday with them is a gift not to be taken for granted.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sybille, Jeremy & Dylan Moen said...

OMG Celia - I am so sorry to hear about your return flight!!!! AND I am sooooo GLAD that you are ok and that the flight landed safely!!!!! Miss you already girlie!!! HUGS!

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Celia!!! So glad to hear you made it safely despite that horrifying experience!!!! What a relief for you to have the ones you love most in your arms.....I would have sobbed too!!!! I miss you girl!

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you landed safely girl!! I know exactly what you mean about being so grateful for your loved ones....I'm right there with you!!

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my!!!! Even though is was *awful*, maybe there is good to come of this!! The next time that the boys are fighting or puking in the middle of the night, you can remember just how blessed you are to be with them!!! So glad that the plane landed safely!!!

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home