Tuesday, March 07, 2006

It happened...my baby is ONE!!!


Yep Caleb is one today... and I'm trying so hard to hold it together! I mean what kinda mom is depressed on her son's first birthday?? They are going to send me to the funny farm after this one!

I just look at the picture above and can just close my eyes and smell that newborn baby, I can hear his soft little breaths, and see him rooting around looking for food. This is my last baby. And just the thought of this has me in tears. Why did this year fly by so fast?!!! I tried and tried to savor every minute of it, but somehow I was hoping this day wouldn't come yet.

I'm trying to hold it together, I just don't want him to grow up, at least not yet. He is still my little baby, at least till he turns two right?

Still can't believe he is one today... I picked him up out of his crib, he was standing up babblin, and I looked at that sweet little face, with drool on his chin, big baby cheeks, and his huge smile- and just hugged him and cried. I'm telling you- I'm crazy!!! I just held him for awhile hoping when I turned back and looked at him, he wouldn't be a grown man!!! Seriously, is that how it happens?! They turn one, then they turn twenty-one?!!!

Well, for now, I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful baby, full of joy and love.... and I'm going to savor every second of life with him....

8 Comments:

Blogger *~Annette~* said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Caleb!! *sniff*

12:31 PM  
Blogger Zoo Keeper said...

I'm right there with you! My baby turns one next month. You're not crazy, you're a mom. Anyone without kids thinks you're crazy, but that's another story, lol! Enjoy Caleb's (and your) day!

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy b-day to Caleb.....he is a very lucky kid to have a mom that loves him so much!! And Jacob is lucky too!!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Happy Birthday Caleb!! (a day late)

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! Happy (belated) birthday Caleb!!!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Awe what a sweetie!!

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, they do grow up so fast...we have shared tears over this! Hang in there mom, you are headed on a wild ride with tons of rewards!

Happy birthday Caleb!!

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated bday caleb. be a funny kid :)

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home