Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Lazy days...

Well I haven't updated my blog in awhile... Why? Hmmm....too much stuff on my mind...

Lately I've set my priorities straight.

After CHA, I knew that my goal was NOT to be a professional scrapper, I just don't think its for me. And that said- scrapping should be one of my LAST priorities. Sure I have TONS of deadlines to meet- but they will get met and I will not stress over them.

I just got burnt out three weeks ago, I was stressed trying to meet my QK deadlines. So I did something I RARELY do- I started scrapping during the day. That meant putting on a movie for the boys so I can scrap. I am just utterly ashamed! Here I am, a stay at home mommie ignoring my boys- why? So I can scrap ABOUT THEM? The irony hit me, I can't scrap about how much I love them, when I'm scrapping rather than spending time with them.

So it had to stop- I would rather spend time with my family any day than scrap, or go out to lunch or have a girl's night with my friends. Scrapping is not life to me. And I haven't been this happy and relaxed in a long time.

That and I took up drinking coffee again! ;) LOL!!! Wow- talk about jump starting my motivation!!! I have the energy to play with the kids and clean and cook and spend quality time with Matt. And also scrap at night! ;) Coffee is my new love! ;)

Enough rambling--its the coffee I tell you!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you Celia, sometimes you really have to take a step back...and be thankful for what you have right in your own backyard. you are an amazing talent and I would hate to think you would stop scrapping!! LOL! glad to see the new entry in the blog, I was wondering how you were!

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So wise...and so smart you are! To everything there is a time..and you are wise to have realized it...and your life will be richer for it!! Thinking of you..enjoy these days...amazingly enough..these days will pass faster than you can even believe it! Thinking of you!!!

7:03 AM  
Blogger _Kine said...

Caffeine is my friend! No coffee/tea for us in Utah thought ;) I plan on bringing a water boiler so I can have my cinnamon tea.
Spending time with someone you love IS better than scrapping (even if you love that too!)
-Kine

10:45 AM  
Blogger Sybille, Jeremy & Dylan Moen said...

I hear you on the coffee girl!!! I am completely addicted too :)
... and yes, spending time with your loved ones is more important than anything!

6:06 PM  
Blogger *~Annette~* said...

Priorities!! Good on you. You've got soooo much talent. Scrapbooking is a hobby... not your life. How wise of you to realize that your kids are not only your subjects to your art, but instead your world! I'm proud of you. You'll enjoy your days so much more, even if you don't scrapbook about every second of it!

12:56 PM  
Blogger marz said...

I am there with you and totally understand!
Being able to rest on bedrest got me rejuvenated as a mom, too, I was a tad worn thin by my son's energy- but it's so fun to be back with him, playing on the floor with trains, teaching him about life & how to play with his friends (i.e. they don't like it when you bash their cars with yours) LoL!! Living our lives is so much fun, and journaling this time in my life does in itself help me capture the experience, and I hope I always get to re-live it as the years pass us by, everytime I look back at these pictures, stories, poems, etc etc...
great blog entry!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home